By Arek Dreyer
The single Apple-certified booklet on OS X Lion Server, this complete reference takes help technicians and ardent Mac clients deep within this server working procedure, overlaying every thing from networking applied sciences to carrier management, customizing clients and teams, and extra. Aligned to the training ambitions of the Apple qualified Technical Coordinator certification examination, the teachings during this self-paced quantity serves as an ideal complement to Apple’s personal education category and a chief primer for laptop aid body of workers who have to aid and retain OS X Lion Server as a part of their jobs. Quizzes summarize and make stronger got knowledge. The Apple seasoned education sequence serves as either a self-paced studying instrument and the authentic curriculum for the OS X Lion and OS X Lion Server certification courses.
Read Online or Download Apple Pro Training Series: OS X Lion Server Essentials: Using and Supporting OS X Lion Server PDF
Similar operating systems books
The quintessential consultant to writing fresh CE purposes, together with real-world assistance, strategies, and workarounds. Microsoft's home windows CE working process is readily discovering its method right into a big range of data home equipment like hand held and Palm-size computers, tv set most sensible bins, clever phones, and digital books.
This ebook is brief, available, but very instructive. it's a "must have" for these looking a beginning point ITIL certification.
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Mac OS X Tiger
- UNIX-Netzwerkprogrammierung mit Threads, Sockets und SSL mit 19 Tabellen
- The Mac OS X Lion Project Book
- Learning Swift: Building Apps for OS X and iOS
Extra resources for Apple Pro Training Series: OS X Lion Server Essentials: Using and Supporting OS X Lion Server
In the next step you will change the IPv4 address. The Network Address If you click Change Network, the Server Assistant opens the Network system preference so you can modify your network setup. A new instance of Lion Server will obtain an IPv4 address via DHCP. 254 will appear. It is highly recommended that you choose a manual address for your servers, because dynamic addressing will reduce the number of services you can offer, and most services require a statically assigned address. Apple servers can use multiple interfaces for network access.
For the purpose of the exercises in this book, you should have only one active network connection. If you see the Multiple Networks Detected pane, choose the appropriate network connection and click Continue. Organization pane If you provided an Apple ID at the Apple ID pane, the Server Assistant uses that information to populate the fields here. The Server Assistant uses the email address you provide here as the email address that receives alerts from the Server app. You can change this later.
2. Click More Info. The Overview pane displays information about your computer. If you plan to perform a remote configuration of your Lion Server, you will authenticate with the hardware serial number, so make a note of it now. 3. To confirm that you have enough disk space, click Storage. Confirm that you have at least 10 GB of free disk space available. Preparing to Configure Remotely You can perform an initial configuration of Lion Server locally on a Mac, using its keyboard and a display, but you can also do this remotely, for instance, if the Mac is in a server room that is not very comfortable to be in.
Apple Pro Training Series: OS X Lion Server Essentials: Using and Supporting OS X Lion Server by Arek Dreyer